Thursday, July 01, 2010

 

Not a mornings person

I awoke to the gentle sound of rain on the window and had an idea: With Glyn staying over and Sam Green at home for once, why not run out for a morning game of football?

Of course, we were all terribly hungover and I'm not a mornings person these days.

As we struggled into our respective kits, Glyn was enthusiastically describing a local council initiative for midnight football matches in Northern Ireland.

"It's about getting youngsters off street corners," he explained.

"Have they done anything about getting your mum off street corners?" I asked. He let this pass.

Sam Green, meanwhile, was worried about our lack of goalie gloves:

"I've got some wicket keeper gloves upstairs but they've got webbed fingers," he said.

I couldn't help myself.

"So's your mum."

Sam also let this pass; we were all terribly hungover and I'm not a mornings person these days.

***

Disclaimer: my mother is a saint.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares