Sunday, August 30, 2009

 

Know the lingo

I was showing Kianna, my two-and-a-half-year-old niece, a video of Joe's theatrical performance in Coventry Precinct from last week; a garish and obscure affair which ended with the dad and I baffled as to its true meaning and exchanging words to such effect.

Hearing the voices on the video recording, Kianna's curiosity was piqued.

"Oo's talkin'?" she demanded.

"Me and Grandad," I said, conscious of how weird it feels to call my own dad Grandad.

"Uncle Dan an' Grandad," repeated Kianna solemnly. "An'... me tun-tun." I burst into laughter.

For those not in the know, tun-tun is a West Indies term for vagina. Why Kianna felt the need to bring it up at this moment is anyone's guess.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares