Thursday, August 07, 2008

 

All hail the maestro

Friar Barnadine: Thou hast committed--

Barabas: Fornication-- but that was in another country; And besides, the wench is dead.

-from The Jew of Malta, Christopher Marlowe

***

It was outside Vivre, back in the days when it was still called Vivre and not Satyr or whatever it is now (all that's changed is the name and the lack of an eikaiwa school.) We were having lunch on the bench, enjoying the pre-summer weather, and He was telling me about the old days, living in the north and a misadventure with the fairer sex.

"...so, basically I did her in a dead guy's shorts."

And, then:

"I think most guys would have done the same, right?"

I carefully finished chewing my food and swallowed. Then I agreed that most guys probably would have.

It was probably the best ending to a story I've ever heard. But then, those were the best of times.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares