Monday, January 19, 2009

 

Contingency plans, part II

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you...


***


The above was filling a break in the pub quiz for the second time, when Leon announced that he had a funny story about it.

You see, he explained, one of my friends at university fell off the roof of a building and died...

I agreed that it was pretty funny.

That wasn't the funny part, he said. We had the funeral, and his girlfriend stood up and said "I'd like to play this song to remind us of him", and she played this...

...the Puff Daddy version.

I would imagine that, in Leon's shoes, I would have had the devil of a time keeping a straight face. Apparently, he didn't find it easy.

***


My current favourite is Songbird by Fleetwood Mac, just in case the unthinkable happens.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares