Wednesday, December 10, 2008

 

Of pork, pickle and pillocks

Had to cart the mum off to the doctor's this morning. She has some kind of virus that makes her walk like a zombie; possibly an immature strain of whatever it is that crops up in Dawn of the dead. I don't know.

I did my Christmas cards in the waiting room, then went to do some shopping while the mum was waiting to have her prescription filled in the chemists.

"Large pork pie, please."

"Would you like the pork, or the pork and pickle?"

I gave this undue consideration.

"Hmmm. What's the difference?"

"Well," he began, shortly prior to continuing.

For a second I was back in Japan. He having fully explained the difference to me, I neglected to explain irony to him; the mum was waiting.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares