Friday, June 23, 2006

 

I see no ships

The correct answer was: "I see a fast airplane." Indeed, an aeroplane needs must be fast; for when it is not, it ceases to fly, plummets from the firmament and lands with all the grace of a suicide.

Such considerations are a bit beyond the scope of a 4-year-old student, but I had at least hoped she would be able to parrot the language back to me, thereby escaping censure and persuading her Mother (within earshot) that money spent on English lessons was not a complete waste.

I held up the flashcard.

"What do you see?"

"Stalker! APPLE!!!"

I blinked twice (I counted: once, twice.) We'd practiced this so much that a woodpecker would have found it repetitive and yet I felt curiously unable to reprimand her. Plus, her mother was listening at the door.

"Very good intonation, Yui." I said.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares