Thursday, March 16, 2006

 

Bouncing off the walls

I no longer control the hand; the hand controls me. I oscillate wildly between depression and mirth. I drink too much coffee and scream loudly every time I hear the lesson bell, alarming my colleagues and adversely affecting their sales.

I cannot teach the majority of my kids classes for a couple of weeks, which upsets me because they are more entertaining than their adult counterparts.

Miharu looks at the hand, looks at me, looks at the hand, then back at me again

SHE: Naita?
(Did you cry?)

ME: Un.
(Yes.)

My bike is no longer outside Taisho station, presumably removed by bureaucrats in uniforms. My right armpit has become a stranger to me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares