Monday, February 27, 2006

 

I lie because the truth is so insipid it just makes me want to scream and throw up

"The truth belongs to everyone, but a lie is something that belongs to you and you alone. You make something up about yourself, you say it, and all of a sudden you are that thing, and nobody can really take that away from you unless they, you know, they actually bring the truth straight in front of you and hit you with it."
Examining the Reasons Behind Lying
NPR

Today, I told a new Japanese staff at my school that another teacher, James (from Florida), was originally Cuban and that he had been taken to America as part of Operation Peter Pan.

Breaks my heart for a young boy so far from home.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares