Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Enduring love

I realised something last week; or, rather, I was reminded of something which occurred to me a while back, when I was reading the novel whose title adorns this post.

What I remembered was this: you can't argue with crazy people. You just can't. They're not playing by the same set of rules as you. What to you seems like an insurmountable argument just carries no weight.

I suppose the best analogy I can come up with is that when a dog craps on the carpet, you don't enter into an exchange of opinions as to whether or not the carpet was the best place for it to dump its guts; you just kick it and hope the dopey mutt will be too scared to do it a second time.

***

A footnote regarding Enduring love: the book knocks spots off the film.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares